Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas (ya filthy animal)



Poor thing gets accessorized on the daily.
My size baby dream come true!
I think Della totally fits in on the reindeer list.
Rudolph, Dancer, Prancer, Dasher, Donner, Vixen, Blitzen, Comet and Della!


We got invited over to the Evans for gingerbread men decorating.
The ginger smelling house was not from a scented candle.
Who makes their own gingerbread cookies from scratch besides Martha, Monica, or Ree Drummond?
Oh, Stephanie does!
I felt guilty that we were going to ruin her hours of labor by our kids "creative" creations!



We had a lunch with the Goodman girls.
It was going pretty good!
Until at the very end I could smell something sweet...
yellow baby poo sweet.

It was girlfriends first blowout.
I of course had no extra clothes.
Good thing AZ is not known for its frigid winters.
Nakey baby for the win.

My face explains how I felt about the whole situation.



Guys, did you know Dance Moms is a real thing?
Not so much the moms trash talking in the background, but the
freaking commitment and MONEY it is!!
For 4 year olds non the less.

This whole dance class was turning into a nightmare!
I just wanted a cute, princess class for Lindi to take.
No fuss, no recitals.
Just show up in a tutu, dance to some Let It Go and leave.
However, these types of classes do not exist!

I never danced so I had no clue when I signed her up it was a concrete contract.
She might as well be in Juilliard (which, one of her instructors studied there!).
She loved it at first, but then screamed and cried every. Friday. morning.
She would not even stand in her spot with me sitting right in front of her.
She would just wail and sob.
Basically I was paying for my own torture.
I told her she could quit after the Christmas dance recital.
Maybe the costume would appeal to her.

We were out of town the week they had their costume fittings.
The following week I drug her in for class only to find out it was picture day!
Yep.
I'm the best dance mom there is.
Instead of bringing her with ringlets and lipstick, she had a slicked back bun
and chocolate covered mouth (from bribing).
I wanted to DIE!

Concerned eye stares we darting at me.
What do I do now?!
I can't take her home, there wouldn't be enough time to get her ready.
Luckily they had her costume at the studio.

We quickly put it on her.
I pulled out her hair and fluffed it the best I could, with the gel still being wet
from the bun!
I rummaged through my purse and hallelujah, I found a tube of LipSense I had bought
earlier in the week.
Only it was more of a nude color.
Better than nothing!

I threw my hands up and gave my sincere apologies for ruining the picture.
 Not only did she look like a homeless elf, she was now starting to cry
thinking she was going to her recital right then and there!
(A good preview for how she was going to act on the actual recital night).

After much coaxing, she calmed down and stood in the pictures.
It is the cutest group of girls.
The moms were so understanding.
Even when I wanted to strangle her.









The whole week leading up to her recital we practiced and pep talked 
how fun it is to be up on stage!
She would smile and say she promised she wouldn't cry!

For a moment I believed just maybe she would be fine.

She walked in the auditorium.
Sat and watched the older girls practice.
Let me take her picture.

A much more presentable elf:)



Backstage she seemed fine



When it was time for them to line up, she lost it.
(head slump)
I grabbed an older girl to help her walk with her class while I booked it back in the 
auditorium.
Crossing my fingers she would be fine after all.

See that girl to the left with her hands in her eyes crying hysterically?
Fail.

That was the end of her dance class career.



Since we are on the subject of crying and performing...
lets jump over to her preschool Christmas program!


Not having any of it!



A tiny smile after she knew it was over.


Can you feel the love?
I am surprised she didn't give Santa a big slap across the face to be honest.




Lane had his band concert.




The Polar Express came to Grammy and Papas house!


We did 3 rotations:

assembled blessing bags


made a craft


and got to board the Polar Express! 
I have searched and searched and cannot find the better pictures
of this cute train they borrowed.



Followed by the nativity


We took Grammy and Papa to the Winter Wonderland at the Princess resort!


More train rides


Real snow sledding!



This has got to be my favorite picture.
It reminded me of the Santa on A Christmas Story saying,
You'll shoot your eye out, ho ho ho.




Grammy and Papa were more than willing to sit out on the ice skating
and hold the baby.

They got some great action pictures!




It was like watching Bambi learn to walk.


But they all got the hang of it!



The Lindblom side had our party at the inter stake center since we are such big in numbers now.
A few cousins decided to put together some packages for refuge children.
We all brought items to put in the boxes.



Had our annual talent show.
The boys represented for our family and sang How Can I Be.



We got clean up duty.
My mom decided to have a little fun instead.
Vacuum cleaner cord jump rope!

 It was my first form of exercise since having the baby.
I may have peed a little.
Yep, I am out of shape!




Us, plus the Holmes, went to Cheesecake Factory for our Christmas Eve dinner!
Can't break tradition:)



Twas the night before Christmas.






It was Sunday and with 8:30 church we decided to open presents when we got home.

Opening their Santa gifts


remote control Super Air Nautiques for the boys


Kitchen set for Lindi Lou



Aaaaaand a new set of wheels for everyone!!



Grandma and Grandpas house for breakfast and gifts


Play make up.
She might as well have won the lottery.


No comments: