Each morning I couldn't wait to get up and going because our week was chalk full!
No time for sleeping!
Luckily our hotel had an amazing complimentary breakfast.
We would wander down about 8:30 in our jammies (classy).
Eat our waffles, eggs, bacon,
cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, yogurt, and juice.
Seriously, we sampled it all each morning!
Then go back up to get ready, fill our water bottles with ice and water, pack the diaper bag
and head out to our destination around 9:30-10!
Unfortunately, Della woke up with a fever:(
She didn't seem super grumpy but you could that she did
not feel well. Poor baby!
I gave her some Tylenol and figured she was the best child to have a fever since
she could just chill in her stroller all day.
But still super sad about it.
Thanksgiving Point was hard for me to picture how it all worked.
The website was confusing and I wasn't sure what to expect.
I knew it was all museums and a big garden and people loved to visit there!
Somebody told me that the museum of Natural Curiosity was super fun for kids so I decided to
start there!
We ended up buying a pass to get into all of the museums, more bang for your buck!
Christopher, my brother, and his daughter Lucy came to play with us for a bit!
We love to sneak in cousin time with them as much as we can!
We started on the bottom floor and would work our way up.
We were there not more than 20 minutes when Lane came running up to us crying with BLOOD
spewing from his head all down to his back and all over his shirt, UGH!!
I guess he was climbing some web thing and fell and landed on his head?!
We are still not completely sure exactly what happened.
Casey took him into the bathroom to clean him up.
The bleeding stopped and he seemed to be ok.
She I gave him some ibuprofen and on we went!
Crisis averted!!
This museum reminded me a lot of the children's museum in Phoenix.
Very hands on with mini stores, a big tree house like jungle gym.
This room was all dedicated to water.
They had rain boots and ponchos for the kids to put on while playing with
water activities.
The girls ate up the theater room with a stage and costumes and
put on many shows for us!
Outside they had a really fun play area with teeter totters, a zip line,
slides, spinning things, and these "tractors" you can dig with.
I think Casey missed being at work and couldn't resist digging something!
Sick girl still wanting in on all the action!
We played at that museum for a couple of hours before our bellies started getting rumbly.
I had a huge list of restaurants I wanted to hit along with activities.
Lucky for us, Cubby's was just down the road AND it was on our list:)
Super bummed I didn't take pictures of the most amazing maple drizzled sweet potato fries.
Finger licking GOOD! And I mean that literally.
I was scraping the glaze from the bottom of the basket, no wasting that good stuff!
I'm crossing my fingers Cubby's finds it's way to AZ like all the other UT inspired restaurants.
Christopher and Lucy left for home so we were on our own for the next 2 museums.
This dinosaur museum was super interesting!
I was thinking it would be a snooze fest and the kids would run right through it.
I was WAY wrong.
They had some amazing, legit dinosaur bones donated from BYU.
They were HUGE!
I have no doubt they cost big $$.
I had no idea BYU was big into paleontology.
I didn't know my tithing was going towards dinosaurs.
I KID!!
I didn't know my tithing was going towards dinosaurs.
I KID!!
They even had a big glass window where you could watch paleontologist working to unearth
a 150 million year old long neck Barosaurus. Say Whaa?!
I tried looking for Dr. Ross Geller, but I couldn't find him:(
At the end the kids could do their own fossil dig.
They could have stayed at the museum for hours but we were running out of time and
needed to hit one more museum!
I went to check on Della who was asleep in the stroller.
I peeked through the top and these eyes caught me off guard!
We just had to walk down the street to get to the Farm!
Not so much a museum, but still fun non the less.
Casey has a thing for horses.
Me, not so much.
That blue sky with white, fluffy clouds and rolling mountains... it was picturesque!
Casey was going to feed Rusty to the duck, lol!
He sure was squawking at us... get me out of this cage!
You could tell the medicine was starting to wear off.
Free pony rides!
After the kids ride, Casey hopped the fence and let Della have her own turn.
It was the cutest.
It was like she knew she was being a big girl.
I cropped this picture and sent it to my family to make it look like
she was riding all by herself.
Can't ride a horse without your paci clipped on your outfit!
High five, girl!
We even got to milk a cow!
Casey had to bribe the kids with $5 to do it, dang city kids.
Afraid to get dirty!
Or just creeped out by the utters? idk!
But then the lady told them to open their mouths and she squirted the milk in their mouths!!
GROSS!! Haha, luckily not much went in.
It just got all over their faces.
It was pretty funny.
On the way back to the hotel this little one zonked out.
I was sort of happy because it would give her a quick nap before
STADIUM OF FIRE!!
Oh, and snuggling with her souvenir from the Farm, Jelly Bear.
We got back to the hotel and decided to hit up
Shirley's café in the same parking lot for dinner. It is just like Kneaders.
Bad idea though.
It was packed with everybody else wanting dinner before Stadium of Fire.
We got out of line because Lindi was having a melt down because she got woken up.
We tried Denny's that was close by, same thing. Too crowded.
So we sent Casey for fast food while I took the kids back to the room.
Stadium of Fire started at 8. The plan was to leave Della with the babysitter.
We got so lucky.
Our neighbors coincidentally happened to be staying at the same hotel as us.
They offered to watch the girls since it would go late into the evening and their daughter is our normal babysitter anyway.
Originally I was thinking we would take Lindi because she wouldn't want to be left out and
I had bought a ticket for her.
Well after melt down city, I asked her if she wanted to stay with Macy?
She nodded her head yes, with a big smile.
DONE DEAL!
And boy was I grateful not to have her there.
It would have not been nearly as fun with a tired, cranky kid!
I got the girls ready for bed while the boys ate Carl's Jr.
Lane changed his blood stained shirt.
Macy knocked on the door and we took off walking to BYU stadium!
That was the strategic part of the hotel we stayed at.
The stadium was super close and easy to walk to.
Trying to park would have been a NIGHTMARE.
I think we got pretty good seats.
For months, no joke, I fretted about where to buy our seats.
I checked website after website at different choices and prices.
In the long run I bought off of the BYU bookstore website because the fees were so much cheaper.
I was nervous we wouldn't be able to see very well but they turned out great!
We were in the end zone, row 18. I believe.
Anyway, it was a huge sigh of relief that it ended up being good spot!
My parents took our family to Stadium of Fire when I was 16.
I remember it vividly and how much fun it was.
Alabama were the main performers and I remember jamming to,
"I'm in a hurry to get things done oh I, rush and rush until life's no fun".
Haha!
I was super giddy to experience SOF with my own kids!
My how the circle of life turns fast!
My own kids... crazy!
They had skydivers to open up the show!
The most amazing intro with double F-15's flying over the stadium and
this flag being raised by firemen on a hook and ladder.
All the armed forces with their horses, Boy and Girl scouts, what a moment!
I can't lie and say I didn't get a little emotional.
This group of dancers did a jig to, You Can't Stop the Beat.
Before the main performers started, Rusty and I ran to crab us some treats!
The boys spotted Dip n Dots and I spotted cougar tails:)
I saw the cart for mine first and luckily the line was short.
I asked where the Dip N Dots were and the lady said right behind me.
Score! I wouldn't have to walk far.
Uhh, what the line for Dip N Dot's ?!!
I somehow talked Rusty into creamery ice cream, pure miracle.
Their hearts were set on those dang Dots!
So back to the same cart we were just at.
But a perk was that they had Graham Canyon!
It was sold out at the Creamery store and its their most popular flavor.
So it was a win in the end:)
Hunter Hayes performed first.
Confession, I like his songs!
I guess the inner Backstreet, NSYNC come out when I hear his songs:)
Then Brian Regan. The guy is as funny as they come.
The whole time SOF was going on, some other group was setting off their
own fireworks in a neighboring parking lot next the stadium.
I think they were protesters and trying to distract the show.
It was funny because the fireworks were throwing Brian Regan off.
You got a more raw version of him and honestly, it made him even more funny to listen to!
" Haters are gonna hate, hate, hate".
Little Big Town were the main performers this year.
I can't say that I love their songs.
Pontoon was fun to dance to.
But they ended with Better Man, and now it is one of my favorite songs!
I don't know what it is with listening to songs live in concert, but it was AMAZING!
Time for fireworks!!
They lit this guy on fire and shot him across the field.
Which he then jumped his flaming body onto the wire that detonated the fireworks show!
They had the fireworks synchronized to songs that were all
fire themed.
'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y'
'I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire'.
"Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire"
"Only in America"
and they had a cool laser show mixed with the fireworks
No words can describe how amazing it was.
It took your breath away.
They kept going and going.
And were so big and so close.
It ended around 11.
We took our quick walk back to the hotel and were greeted with 2 sleeping girls:)
I walked Macy back to her room and we hit our pillows!
No comments:
Post a Comment