Thursday, July 13, 2017

Day 3... Sunday Funday!




Since we were going to church with the Christopher and Jael,
we had a little bit more time to sleep in.
Which was much needed since we had been going non stop for a couple of days!
We woke up at 9 (raise the roof), and hurried down to eat breakfast before they stopped
serving at 9:30. Della still had a fever, dang it.
We got ready for church then drove to West Jordan for 11 o'clock churchy.
We were a tad late because Christopher sent the address but added an extra W which took us to the wrong building!
It didn't look familiar and once we got inside we knew it wasn't the same ward as when
we went to visit a few months back for the blessing.
We piled back in the car got the real address,
passed about 5 other ward buildings, and 3 minutes later we were at the right place!
Those Mormons are in abundance in UT:)

I love going to church in different places.
It is fun to see the different dynamics in other wards,
but love that we learn the same and feel the spirit no matter where you are!
The kids went to primary with no problems.
I was thinking I would be sitting in sunbeams the whole time.
Surprisingly, Lindi skipped right in, found an instant friend, and had a grand time!
I love how they are maturing and I am not needing to baby them or coax them as much as I used to.

We had to get the staple family portrait outside when church was over.




These 2 are the cutest cousins


Right after church, Christopher and Jael had an appointment to meet with the
Stake president. BUSTED!
JK, he got a new church calling teaching institute.
While they were doing that, we babysat all of the little rascals.
Our kids have never been to their home so it was fun for them to get
to see where Lucy and baby Christopher lived.

I was starting to get worried Della might have an ear infection, I didn't
want to take her to Urgent Care.
Then I remembered that Jael is a doctor!
She had a scope for ears so she looked and said they weren't red or infected.
Phew! It was so handy that she could do that and put my worries at ease.





We had a BBQ for dinner with all the fixings.


Including special UT root beer:)


We ate outside on their deck.
They claimed it was hot.
We claimed it was perfect weather!


Casey stayed back to nap with the babies while the rest of us walked to the park.
The boys were itching to light some fireworks.
It was getting late, even though you can't tell by the bright light outside!
So they settled for some sparklers.




Which then turned into a baseball game!
Lane got to jump the fence to retrieve the ball a few times.
They just can't hold back from slugging it hard.




Once we made the 40 minute trek back to Provo it was around 9:30.
It was nice having a more slow paced day and to spend time with them
in their home!


No comments: