IT IS HOLY TIME!
A week easily turning into my favorite time of year.
Happy my kids are loving Holy week just as much as I am.
They excitingly ask if we are doing xyz again.
They are remembering and storing the stories in their brains and that makes me giddy!
I saw this painting online last year and fell in love with it!
The bright colors make it feel so alive and I can only imagine the joy
those people felt as they personally greeted Jesus into Jerusalem.
My mind always tries to visualize what it must have been like to be there in that moment.
They did not have phones or the news to say exactly what time he would be arriving.
They did not have phones or the news to say exactly what time he would be arriving.
Did they camp out over night? Were they traveling alongside with him?
Was it just circumstance they happened to be there when that moment happened?
Who knows. All I know is that they were excited for his coming.
Do I greet the Savior each day as excitingly as those who waived the palm fronds?
Do I shout Hosanna and express through words my love of Him?
Always things I can work on to be better.
Do I shout Hosanna and express through words my love of Him?
Always things I can work on to be better.
I am grateful this week helps me refocus and try to be better on my relationship
with my Savior and give it top priority!
with my Savior and give it top priority!
And if you think it is always rainbow and butterflies...
After conference we headed to Grammy's for her Easter party.
Can you tell the weather was warming up?
Can you tell the weather was warming up?
Shirts and skins.
Rusty must have been on his own team?
It's always a fight for the baby!
Snagged sweet Junie for a bit!
Snagged sweet Junie for a bit!
I think finding the egg with candy and scripture verses helps
with the excitement.
Unfortunately, it did not work out to have our
big Passover meal where we invite people over.
It was a MAJOR bummer and the kids were NOT happy about that.
big Passover meal where we invite people over.
It was a MAJOR bummer and the kids were NOT happy about that.
(Talk about bound to traditions!)
Instead I simply put the decorations on the table and we ate our normal meal
in 3 different increments that night.
These 2 were round 1.
We did read our LET MY PEOPLE GO story, and had Moses and Pharaoh
teach us about the plagues, Passover, and how we had the Last Supper.
As we were grabbing Taco Bell to take with us to the Easter Pageant
we saw a familiar car behind us!
Hi Madeline!!
We went with just the girls.
The boys went for mutual and already had better plans with friends.
We are finding that this is our new normal on the weekends.
I didn't have it in me to go down early and save good seats.
We showed up 30 minutes before it started and grabbed a horrible lawn spot where
you couldn't see anything.
Lindi wasn't very happy about this.
I warned them beforehand this is what probably would happen.
Didn't help her mood, but she slowly came around and we had a great time mostly
Didn't help her mood, but she slowly came around and we had a great time mostly
listening to the music.
We could see the angles pretty good!
Rusty had been attending a family history class for the youth.
On the last day he came home with "some papers from Sis Whitehead".
He stood against the wall and like rolling a bowling bowl he released a roll
of genealogy across the floor until it hit the other side of the wall.
Casey and I jaws dropped to the floor!!
This must have taken her days to do!
(It did. Come to find out a whole week).
Family history is her jam.
She LOVES it!
She claimed the work was there and done and easy.
But there was one tiny hole with missing information.
So Rusty gets to finish that!
This page gets me.
What a blessing family is.
No matter how distantly related.
We are closer than we think.
Time to do our part!
I added something new this year.
My friend posted this on her instagram and I thought they were adorable!
I whipped up some salt dough and these kids created some pretty amazing Garden Tombs.
Most of my family was out of town so we planned to have Easter dinner
with the Evans'.
I made this carrot cake for dessert.
The Easter Bunny came.




























No comments:
Post a Comment