Friday, November 28, 2008

What did the mamma turkey say to her naughty son?...

If your papa could see you now, he'd be turning over in his gravy. Haha ok sorry, but we did have a fun Thanksgiving! It was a 2 day event this year spent with my dad's side of the family at the Lindsey family reunion. But before the eating could begin we had to run the 10k turkey trot. Ok fine the 2 mile trot (next year Heather, the 10k is ON!).

This year it was a treat being able to eat our Thanksgiving meal at a stake center because we normally would have to go to Pioneer park (gross, ya I know). They had a fun jumper for the kids and the guys played MANY rounds of speed and it was nice being able to let the kids go free without having to watch them constantly.


Later that night we had a family dance. Yep, we do it the Arkansas way and dance with our cousins. I have been doing this my whole life. I do have to admit though that it is fun gettin jiggy with it.

Marcie dancing with our DJ. He grabbed her and just starting swing dancing with her. He is crazy good and starting flipping her all around and in the air.
My non dancing husband. This is all I could get out of him.
The kids tearing up the dance floor

Since a lot of people come from out of town for this reunion, they like to do a BBQ at the park the next day. Don't mind Lane and his no pants in some of these pictures. The first slide he decided to go down had water at the bottom and he got soaked. My sk8 or die brothers were also trying to teach me some of their skills.

Yeah for Thanksgiving and double yeah that Christmas is almost here now! I already set Christmas up last week but for some reason I have a rule that you can't listen to Christmas music till after Thanksgiving... I have problems I guess.



17 comments:

marcie said...

wow.. i feel so priviledged normally you have a billion comments by now and mine gets stuck at the bottom!

Well it sure was an eventful past two days, my legs are still jello from running I don't know if i'll ever recover! And that pic of me with the dj is too funny, not gonna lie i was scared to death the whole time i was afraid he was gonna flip me and drop me!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Well then I cursed you and broke your rule of no Christmas music...we've been listening to it for the last month! IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO BUST IT NOW GIRL!!!
What a FUN thanksgiving...and excuse me? We didn't see each other at the turkey trot?? Well we probably just passed each other...way to go on it!!
WAsn't it cold that morning??
Well girl- let's get some Christmas shopping in starting next week. Party on...love ya.

Leah Martineau said...

Yeah for you and the turkey trot!! I think it is great that so many people do those marathons but i'll tell you what I have NO DESIRE to ever do that. Running is not a hobby of mine and it never will be =) But good on you and all those who do it!! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Well i'm excited to for the rest of the year!! Talk at you soon.

Brandis said...

I'm dying laughing about the Arkansas-style cousin dancing and the fact that Casey dances about the same way as Donny (meaning not at all). They must be related. :) Looks like you all had a good time. We missed you guys at the fiesta! :) I blew off the turkey trot because, well I just didn't feel like it. :) Next year's 10K though!! :)

Val said...

Wooo you go girl!! Thats so awesome! And all these pics just make me laugh! What makes me laugh harder is that you say castle grande?? Is there something behind that or did your parents teach you wrong?! haha love ya

Cassie and Joe said...

What a busy weekend you had! Looks like fun though. Good job on the turkey trot! Maybe one of these years I will do it too.(probably not).

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Looks like fun!! Those were some great pics!!!!

Kristen said...

Fun Pics! Love the skater one! 10K next year...I'm there...uh..do we need to start training now? hahaha

i still can't believe the dance...so cool!

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Silly Shelley!! My shower is this Saturday! Ah- no excuses now! Sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving!

Stephanie Evans said...

Why you doin the turkey trot now that I'm gone? Huh?! Well, keep it going, cuz my goal is to do the 10k someday. It all looks very fun. Very sad I missed it. Way to go Casey for at least going to the dance and putting up with us weird Lindbloms! So, Rachelle left me a message on my blog asking for my address but when I click on her name it says I don't have access to it. So is there any way you can get her my address? Pretty please? I don't have her number or anything. Spanks a mullet! :)

Rachel said...

im glad you had a good thanksgiving! im soo sad you left tantrum...its just not gonna be the same without you...buuut you already agreed you are doing my hair when I get married ok! I actually have some news for ya...I'll give you a call tomorrow ok! Happy 2nd Birthday Lane! :)

The Gunnell's said...

You had an eventful thanksgiving! Don't worry steve is the same way about dancing with me too. I can't believe how big Lane is getting! And way to go on running the turkey trot

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Hey missy...jillian just BARELY told me that we purposely didn't send you an invite. she didn't send you or tiffany a christmas party invite b/c she knew you guys were my close friends and she didn't print off enough invites!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I'M SO SORRY AND FEEL LIKE A SCUM BAG!!! i have been waiting for you to tell me you got it or something! dangit...okay- so mark your calendar- saturday (a week from today) dec 13th 7pm at my parents house!! HAHHAHA. SO SORRY! seriousl i think we're ending up inviting like a 1/3 of the party by word of mouth. nice, huh?

Breanna and Martin said...

ahhhhh! I'm so behind! Shelley I adore you! You look like you're 18 at the skate park! Aw I never saw Lane's b-day pics....steve nash here we come! SAWEETTTT!
Love you and miss you!

Amber Howard said...

Your thanksgivings look like so much fun. I wish we had more family that lived closer. Most of ours is out of state which is a total bummer around the holidays. Looks like you guys had tons of fun at the turkey trot too. I'm so not a runner so I think I'll stick to being the one woman cheering section at the boys football game. ha ha

Mary Anne said...

i love that you have a dance with all your cousins! that's so fun, and basically the doings of a really cool and close family. love traditions. and good job running the 2 mile trot...that is still an accomplishment to be proud of! although i must admit how hilarious that was when you said "ok fine the 2 mile..."

Laura said...

You are such a cute girl! Tell Casey hi for me, I miss you guys! Lane is such a cutie, wow I remember going to your baby shower, he's all grown up already!