Monday, January 12, 2015
Part TWO of the craziest week of my life!
Thursday was Thanksgiving then on Saturday Lane got BAPTIZED! Stephanie was kind enough to take pictures for his invitation. I love how he was set on having a black suit and a real tie, not a clip on! Lucky for him when I took him down to Burlington, they had ONE black suit and it just happened to be his size. I guess it was meant to be! His eyes sure sparkle with that turquoise stripe in his tie. He is so handsome. Even with 2 missing front teeth:)
Also to make his day more special his close cousin, Randon, was able to join our stake baptism day! It will be a day they will remember forever! The actual baptism was absolute, MAYHEM! They had already split it into 2 sessions because so many kids were getting baptized that day. We were at 1 o'clock, the last session. To make things worse we couldn't use the cultural hall because they were setting up for a reception later that evening. We were so crammed in people had to sit in the choir loft! Our ward was in charge of the musical number so Claire Hogle, Griffen Yamamoto, Lane, Randon and siblings sang I Know That My Savior Loves Me. Then we were last to be dismissed to the font. Claire and Griffen went ahead so we could have our own room for confirmations. The baptism went great! We were sitting for quit a while waiting for them to get dressed when all of a sudden Casey came walking up to me with a concerned look on his face. He was wondering where Lanes white Sunday shirt was. Are you freaking kidding, I totally forgot it at home!! I swear I triple checked his bag before we left to make sure I had everything. Sweet Dallin took one for the team and gave up his white shirt for Lane to wear and put on the play shirt Lane had in his bag. Sigh. It makes for good laughs now but it was NOT funny at the time! Haha. Both boys received the gift of the Holy Ghost and it was a sweet, tender moment amongst all the chaos. We gathered outside afterwards for pictures.
We had a Mexican Fiesta at my parents house afterwards! We ordered chicken enchiladas, rice, bean dip from Gecko Grill and mini chimi's from Nando's. Randon wanted crepes for dessert so there was no shortage of food! And thanks to my sister taking all of the pictures. I feel like I have my own personal photographer!
It was a fun filled, special day. I am thankful for the big family we have and all of their support.
We got home at 9 night that and I started packing for part THREE:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I wish I had been able to take the ones of them in their white clothes before the baptism! It really was special having Randon there and making it a double family affair! Lane really did look so handsome in his suit.
Post a Comment